Saturday, June 3, 2017

Friday June 2, 2017

Blog time 1120 at Panera

Thank God it is Friday. Now why would a retired guy make that statement?

Another great sunny day. It was 49 when I left at 0800 and it is now 73 heading to an afternoon high of 80.

Lately I have been hung up on bike safety. This morning I modified my bike route to avoid the most hazardous drives. The mileage remains the same.

For the summer I was going to get all my aerobics through bike riding and I increased by mileage considerably. Now I am having second thoughts and have started running on the Y's indoor track. I have concluded that running is the best aerobic exercise. I will reduce the bike miles next week.

Think most news outlet in Europe and the USA are taking Fridays off. Good idea.

Tax reform is not making much headway. The GOP wants to eliminate deductions for home mortgages and state and local taxes. Home owners get a break but renters do not. Home builders and state and local governments howl.

Folks working for an employer who pay for their health insurance get a break while the single payer does not.

I think the solution is to eliminate the income tax for people making less than $100,000 per year and impose a sales tax. Of course these folks would still pay their FICA taxes.

As soon as I got home I took a walk around the block. I miss walking Ms P but her torn ACL has still not healed.

Lunch and then some errands. Bought a chin up bar at Dick's. Shaving cream and moisturizer were purchased at Meijer's. Finally bought a 20# bag of bird seed at ACE.

I did take a short nap. It is now 1730 and I am sitting on the deck drinking wine and finishing this blog. Unsuccessful!

Blog resumes on Saturday at 1400. I had a Trader Joe's Steak and Ale pie for dinner. Real good. After the dishes I took another walk around the block.

We are watching Shetland on Netflix. We watched episode 2 and thought the show was two parts. We were wrong so we watched episode 3 but still one more episode to go. We are hooked so will watch episode 4 on Saturday.




No comments: