Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Tuesday November 29, 2016

Blog time: 1050 drinking coffee at Panera.

Up at 0630, Nancy heads out for her Tuesday swim and I did some calisthenics, ate breakfast and waited for the sun. Sunrise today was not until 0752 but when the sun came out it was bright. First sunny day in about a week. We now have 09h 19' of daylight heading to 9 hours on Dec 21.

The temp was in the high 40s when I headed out on the bike. Not much evaporation this time of year so I had to negotiate several large puddles.

Cascade Road is one of the busiest roads in the county but I am amazed at all the wildlife I see while biking along the Cascade trail. Today saw a small crane standing in a creek with a fish in his mouth. Also encountered a large flock of turkeys feeding near the road. Wildlife makes the ride enjoyable.

Donald Trumps impact on the economy is still the big talk on morning business shows. The election in France and upcoming election is other EU countries has business folks spooked.

I don't want to sound like a converted Catholic but I am a big fan of a diet called SOS, stop only sugar. (Available at Amazon) I have been on the diet for almost two years. I started at 162 and for over a year my weight has been at 140. It is painless. Sorry bout the preaching.

While I am still preaching I cannot say enough about my iPad and iPhone. I am a walking office. I do my banking, blog and reading on the iPad. I presently read the WSJ, ENR, GRP and Alpena News in addition to books. I can also watch Netflix and Acorn. Ain't tech great! Of course if I am hacked all the accolades are off.

Trump has got to come to grips with his business and conflicts of interest. This includes his family.

Castro denied Cubans basic freedoms. I hope civil liberties will be granted to the Cubans soon. President Obama was right to start the process of normalizing relations. Hope the PE continues.

Took Ms P on a walk and had a quick lunch. We got in the Escape and ran some errands.

First stop Breton Village. Nancy visited Talbots's and I looked in Fitzgerald's. Nothing purchased. Next stop Trader Joe's where we purchased some wine.

Took a nap. Nancy fixed a crock pot dish for dinner. It was very good.

Read the GRP and we watched the first episode of The Crown and now are watching a BBC show called Dr Foster.


No comments: