Thursday, May 5, 2016

Thursday May 5, 2016

Log time: 2000

For the first time this year I wore my knickers. Yes knickers! It was sunny and bright when I left this morning.

Except for the red maples the other hardwoods are in full bloom. A downside of all the foliage is that the leaves block my view of wildlife along the road.

I did my normal routine at the Y and then headed to Panera.

Read the WSJ and USA today.

At home I had a quick lunch and then headed to the dentist office. Today I had two crowns removed and two cavities filled. They installed two temporary crowns.

Stopped at Costco and Fruitbasket Flowerland on my way home.

Took Ms P on her 1.25 mile walk and then a short nap.

After the nap Nancy said the paper had an article on Great Lakes Shipping, one of our favorite restaurants.

After 45 years they are closing.

No question on where we would eat tonight. Great Lakes was jammed. Nancy had a prime rib sandwich and I had the perch.

We are now watching House of Cards on Netflix.

Tonight I finished a brick of Pinconning cheese. I first has Pinconning in the late 40s. Pinconning is a small town on Lake Huron about 110 miles south of Alpena. Whenever my parents headed down south to Bay City or Saginaw they always stopped at the Pinconning shop and bought cheese. I recommend it.

No comments: