Saturday, May 28, 2016

Friday May 27, 2016

Log time: Saturday May 28, 2016 at 1616

Friday the start of the Memorial Day weekend. In my youth the Memorial Day or Decoration Day holiday was one day only, May 30. It was changed in 1971 to the last Monday in May.

The warm weather continues. Today I was smarter on my choice of clothes to wear on my bike ride to the Y. I increased the mileage on my ride to the Y by 1.5 miles. My new total miles is 10.

I did the usual at the Y and then headed to Panera. I did read the WSJ but the only items I find interesting lately are articles on: Turkey, BRexit, India and the President’s trip to Asia.

I think that the next country for major economic growth is India. They are getting their act together. It takes them a little longer than China because they are a democracy.

As soon as I got home I took Ms P on her nature walk. I had a quick lunch. Nancy’s iWatch quit last night so I drove her to the Apple store. While she was getting the watch looked I stopped at Gazelle Sports. I wanted to buy another high visibility tee to wear on my bike rides. They had plenty but I refuse to pay $70 for a tee when I can buy a good one a Sears for $20.

Nancy fixed tamales for dinner. We went to Amazon TV and watched a movie, Jack Ryan. We rated it a B-. Another great Spring day.

No comments: