Saturday, May 21, 2016

Saturday May 21, 2016

Log time: 1810

The current temperature is 79. Warmer than LA and San Jose.

I am sitting at the kitchen table watching the news and writing this blog. Hope it comes out ok because I am not good at multi-tasking.

Busy day for both Bob and Nancy. Up at 0630 and we walk to Panera for breakfast. The staff at Panera is beginning to recognize us. We also see some neighbors who are also regulars.

As soon as we got home Nancy headed to Verhey tile to see about getting an estimate for installing tile in the kitchen.

I get on my bike and ride to Siedman Park. It is exactly 10 miles to the Park. Today was an absolute perfect day for a bike ride. I stopped at the Ada Bike store and bought a biking cap. Something I can put under my helmet to keep the sun off.

When I got home Nancy was busy working in the courtyard. I helped her dig several holes so she could plant some bushes. She has the yard looking good. On Monday she is going to Countryside Greenhouse to get some hanging baskets. She is going with Kathi Kothe.

I took a shower and then had a quick lunch. Spent most of the afternoon running errands. Stopped at Ace Hardware and bought some concrete sealer to repair a crack in our concrete steps. Also bought Nancy a new pair of pruning shears.

Next stop was Woodland Mall. At the Apple store I wanted to buy a short stylus for my iPad. They did not have a short one. Every morning I have the WSJ downloaded to my iPad. I wanted to know if I could get the same subscription on my laptop. They did not know.

I have been letting my hair grow. I have a hard time getting the fine hair to stay down. The man at the Shaving Center sold me a tube of gel that he said would solve my problem.

Finally I stopped at MC Sporting Goods and bought a fishing license. A Senior license only cost $11.

I did take a short nap before dinner. Nancy grilled steaks and veggies for dinner. It was great.

Ended my activities with a walk around the block. It is now 2000 and I am sitting on the deck finishing this blog. The temp is 75.

We will watch some streaming TV before turning in. I love May.

No comments: