Sunday, May 8, 2016

Sunday May 8, 2016

Log Time: Sunday 1700

Weekend update:

Saturday May 7: The birds woke us up this morning. We walked to Panera for our Saturday breakfast.

After breakfast I loaded up the Cobalt with all the items I want to toss and headed to the drop off point for the Township' Spring Cleanup day.

I was not the only resident who wanted to toss. The line was very long. I waited 90 minutes before I finally unloading.

After the ordeal decided I needed a nice relaxing bike ride. I took a gentle 10 mile ride.

After the ride I spent some time cleaning the bike. I also counted spikes on the 9 rear chain rings and three front rings. I am thinking of getting a 29er bike with only one front ring. I want to make sure it is configured so I am get up the steep hills in the Township.

I had a quick lunch and then tried to take Ms P on her walk. Ms P has been under the weather and did not want to walk, so I went by myself.

Showered, shaved and took a quick nap.

Nancy and I headed out at 1730 for Houlihan's. We met Ed and Mary Namey. The restaurant was very crowded.

After dinner we headed to the Namey's for coffee and dessert. We spent 90 minutes enjoying the food and talking.

Sunday May 8, Mother's Day: The sun was shining bright when I took Ms P out this morning.

At 0745 we got in the Taurus and headed to the Y. Nancy and I were the first persons in the pool. We both swam 1,000 yards.

Gas today at Meijer's was $2.19. As I mentioned before we do not buy as much at Meijer's since Fresh Tyme and Trader Joe's has opened.

Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs this morning. I had mine on a waffle.

I deviated from my normal Sunday routine by walking around the block right after breakfast. After the walk I read the funnies and then took my Sunday nap.

I ran some errands this afternoon. Stopped at Meijer's and bought some body lotion with sun screen. Also bought dental supplies.

Next stop was Best Buy. I bought some coaxial cable so I can move the downstairs TV to the guest bedroom. Debbie is coming this week and she likes to watch TV before sleep.

It is now 1730 and for the first time this year we are grilling outside. Nancy is grilling Brats. Debbie and Missy called Nancy this afternoon wishing her a Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: