Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tuesday September 26, 2012

Another beautiful fall day in GR. On my bike ride to the MAC I was surprised at how fast the trees are turning. I did the tri today and although I felt tired my time in the 1,000 yard swim was near my PB, 29'. Today I spent too much time talking to other old folks. I did not get to the Kava House until after noon. I read both the WSJ and DFP. The DFP has been covering the corruption trial of the ex mayor of Detroit. There are stories of bag men carry $90,000 in cash to Texas to give to the ex mayor. Also on trial is the best friend of the mayor, a contractor who paid kickbacks to his honor, the mayor's father and the ex manager of the Detroit Water and Sewer Organization, a major source of a lot of the ill gotten money. I had a quick lunch and then started waiting for the plumber to show up. We have a leaking valve in the basement. While waiting I got out the C2 and made a quick trip to the PO and then to the Harmony bar to get my growler filled. It took the plumber about 45' to fix our problem. He had to drain all the cold water lines. I have been feeling a cold coming on so after taking Ms P on a walk I sat on the front stoop and let the warm sun beat on me. Ms P did the same. Nancy fixed a shrimp dish for dinner and it was good. Tonight starts the new TV season so we watched NCIS and NCIS LA. I also watched the new Vegas show. I slept in the other bedroom because I don't want Nancy to get my cold. My nose is running and the throat is sore. I think I have my annual change of season cold. Bummer.

No comments: