Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Monday September 17, 2012

We are getting near the Equinox. Sunrise today is 0725 and sunset at 1948. Today is suppose to be our last warm day, mid 70s. The low temperature this evening is suppose to be in the high 30s. Today I got up with an alarm set for 0707. I did my calisthenics and then loaded up the bike and headed to Riverside Park. I pedaled to Rockford and back, a distance of 23 miles. It took me 2 hours. I stopped at the Kava House to read the WSJ. I could not get to the DFP because my meter was expired. The WSJ had a great article on folks my age that were raised to save money. The mantra was put your money in the bank and let it draw interest. The theory was that compound interest would let your funds keep up with inflation. The Feds are now pushing a policy that would outrage my Grandparents. The frugal are being punished and the reckless rewarded. After a quick lunch I drove to Meijer's to purchase some apples. I also stopped at the bank to get $50 in dollar coins. I love the dollar coin and think the $1 bill should be eliminated. A new store has opened in Gaslight Village. It is called Great Lakes Woolens and they sell Woolrich products. I liked their selection but who can buy a wool product when the temperature is in the mid 70s. Tonight we will have a light dinner. If it isn't raining we will take a 1 mile walk. Tuesday: We did have a light dinner. We took our evening one mile walk. It was a nice fall evening. We watched "Major Crimes" on TV before heading upstairs.

No comments: