Friday, September 7, 2012

Thursday September 6, 2012

The summer lingers on with temperature expected to reach the high 80s today. I did my standard Thursday routine today. I was going to change my route to the MAC once school opened. However, traffic on Breton Road has not changed so I will not change my route. I did not get to the Kava House until 1145. I read both the WSJ and DFP. Despite spending over an hour reading the WSJ there is nothing I want to write about. The DFP reported that the State Supreme Court has approved several referendums for the November election. I will vote NO on all the referendums. When I got home I had a quick lunch and then walked Ms P around the block. After a week's layoff I am now back checking a set of bridge plans. Nancy just left to go to Rose's for some wine tasting. She is meeting several friends. At 1700 I am meeting Ed Namey at Harmony for a pizza and beer. At 1630 I started walking to Harmony. It only took me 15 minutes so I waited outside for Ed. Ed and I were very impressed with Harmony's pizza. They are a bare bones operation so all their pizzas are 12" only. They only sell beer that they have made. However, you can buy a glass of wine. I was surprised at the number of middle aged couples that had walked to the restaurant. After dinner I walked home. It was a nice evening for a walk. Our days are really getting shorter. Sunrise is at 0714 and sunset at 2007 (12h53' of daylight). Nancy was already home when I walked in. We watched some TV before heading upstairs.

No comments: