Saturday, September 22, 2012

Friday September 21, 2012

Even though I am retired I am glad today is Friday. I did not want to work out today but I persevered. Rowing on the Concept 2 must be a good exercise because I sometimes, like Friday, dread getting on the machine. I rowed for 15 minutes. I am usually breathing heavily when I finish. I think I will put my heart rate monitor on next week. During the winter I will row 5k. I should row 5k in about 22'. I pedaled to the MAC and had to take a different route because of construction on Breton. My time in the 1.5 mile run also reflects my lack of enthusiasm. I ran it in 15'50". For the first time this fall the Kava House had the heat on. It felt good. I read the WSJ and DFP and found no article that made me mad or happy. When I got home Kim was busy cleaning the house. Nancy and I talked to Kim about her schedule and if she was willing to take care of Ms P while we are gone in Oct and Nov. We told her that her daughter, a student at Aquinas, could stay in our house while we are gone. Ms P would like that. Nancy and I loaded Ms P in the Taurus and headed to Costco. I was out of peanut butter and Nancy needed some lotion and paper products. I also had a hot dog. After Costco I took a short nap and then at 1545 we headed up north to Centennial Movie Theater. Hal Horling and I saw the new Bourne movie and Karen Horling and Nancy saw the new Tommy L Jones and Meryl Streep movie. After the movie we went to Carino's for dinner. It is an Italian restaurant located within walking distance of the movie. It was a great way to spend a rainy, cool fall afternoon.

No comments: