Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday September 18, 2012

The wind blew and we had some thunder but very little rain last night. The temperature did drop to the low 40s this morning. I bundled up for my pedal to the MAC. In fact I was thinking that it is cool enough that I should get out my winter bike helmet. The winter helmet is actually a snow boarders helmet. I did the tri today and I had to whole pool to myself. I have been having problems with the IRS lately. They keep sending letters to 1555 Mackinaw. The letter is addressed to S. Gorham (or something like that). Both the name and SS# are not even close to me. I keep sending the letters back saying the cat does not live here. Yesterday we got a registered letter from the IRS. We were not here so they left a pick up notice. I stopped at the PO and they said our mail carrier had it. When the carrier stopped at the house Nancy did not sign for it because the person the letter was address to did not live here. Remember the old song "Return to Sender"? Despite the cool weather it was a nice fall day. Ms P and I walked around the block and she seemed full of energy. Must be the cool weather. At 1600 Nancy and I headed downtown to the GR Public Museum to view some art prize entries. We walked around downtown and looked at a lot of art prize displays. Art Prize does not officially start until tomorrow but a lot of exhibits were on display. We had dinner at Ramona's Table in Gaslight Village tonight. Nancy has an OHNA Board meeting tonight. I will stay home and read the GRP and watch NCIS. 52 years ago I today, September 18, 1960, I wrote my mother a letter. I was in my last semester of classes at the UM. Bud Schram and I had rented a basement bedroom. I told Mom that it cost $7.50 per week. I also had sent my Mother my last paycheck from the Vermont Highway Department and told her to deposit it soon or I would be overdrawn. As I recollect my last semester I was only carrying 12 hours.

No comments: