Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday December 17, 2008

The alarm goes off at 0535. It had snowed last night (3"). I had to move fast to get the drive cleared so I could get to a 0700 breakfast. I was a guest of Dave Despres, my old boss, at the breakfast. The club is called the GR Early Breakfast Club. They meet every other week at the Women's City Club. The breakfast was great and they had a funny speaker. I actually knew several people. The average age is about 74. I am going to join.

After breakfast I headed for city hall for the last GR Building Authority meeting of the year. This is also the last meeting for the city manager who is retiring. Since I have been on the authority, 15 years, we have constructed $154,000,000 worth of projects.

This afternoon I spent most of my time cleaning up my desk. At 4:30 I again shovelled the walk. We had about 1/2" of snow since this morning.

I have a cheap CD player. I put in a disc and play several tracks (tracs?). When I turn it back on it starts at track 1. The only way I can have the machine resume playing at the place where I turned it off is to push "pause". If I do this for any length of time does it damage the disk? I am trying to find a simple machine for cousin Peg that will resume where she stopped. It has to have large buttons.

I am thinking about applying for an opening on the Kent County Road Commission. Nancy and I went to dinner tonight to talk about the pros and cons of applying. The term is for 6 years. The commission meets twice a month so we could not take a vacation over 2 weeks.

Tomorrow night we are suppose to get over 6" of snow. It is not even winter yet.

No comments: