Friday, October 28, 2022

October 27,2022

 Thursday October 27, 2022

Once again I am a day late.  This has got to stop.

Blog time Friday at 1200 sitting in Panera.

Up at normal time, 0700.  Unlocked garage and backed out Escape. It was very cold, 30.  First frost of fall.

Nancy headed out for a new class at MVP.

Normal morning activities.  Today I put on my cold weather clothes.  My only problem was my hands got cold.  Needed my leather chopper mitts.

After the Y I headed to Panera.  Was just locking my bike when I got a call from Nancy.  Nancy wanted me to come straight home.  I complied.

When I got home the saw yellow tape across our sliders.  The Property Manager’s staff had closed access to our deck.

 They were replacing deck boards when they found the joists holding the deck boards were rotten.  A member of the Condo Association Board was called in.  It was agreed that a new deck was needed.  Of course the cost would be borne by the Association.

The deck will be given temporary support.  This job will be completed next week.  So the yellow tape can come down and the deck can be used.

This afternoon I made another trip to Good Will.  I also stopped at Pak Mail.  Mailed a package of porcelain pottery and other small items to Missy.  Expected delivery time Thursday Nov 3.  Called Missy to be on watch.  Bought tuna sandwich and coleslaw for dinner at D&W.

This afternoon I wrote my monthly note to Grandkids.  

Spent rest of afternoon titavating.  For dinner tonight had tuna salad and coleslaw.

Tonight we had FaceTime conversations with Akerke, Debbie and Missy. Watched the last episode “Karen Pirie”.  Good ending we gave show a B.

Courtyard check before bed and temp in 40s.  Tomorrow will be a nice day.  Morning temps in 30s but no frost.


No comments: