Saturday, September 10, 2022

September 9, 2022

 Friday September 9, 2022

Blog time 1200 sitting in Panera

Woke up to bright sun this morning.  Sunrise today 0716.  We now have 12h46’ of daylight heading to 12h on the equinox Sep 22.

Nancy headed out early this morning for her Friday swim at MVP.  Later today she has Book Club.

At 1500 we are taking a tour of an apartment at the retirement community “Clark on Keller Lake”.  We know several folks who live at Clark and they like it.

Speaking of moving to retirement communities this morning at the Y I saw our old neighbor Marian Burns. She lives in a huge house directly north of our old home on Mackinaw.  The Burn’s raised six kids in this home.  She told me she just sold the house and is moving to Beacon Hills.  We have an application in to Beacon Hills.  It is very nice.

This morning I am riding my San Jose bike.  I bought single speed version and later modified to 8 speed internal hub.   I like the short wheel base.   It is easy to maneuver.

After my routine at the Y I headed to Panera.  Bought coffee and a bagel.  I had enough points that my cost was $0.  Checked emails and Michigan papers.

At home I took a shower and had a quick lunch.  Nancy arrived home from book club at 1430.  

We immediately got in the Escape and drove to “Clark on Keller Lake”.  We were met by the sales rep, Judy Van Lente.  Judy showed us a two bedroom apartment, 1300 sq ft.  The apartment is new and we would be the first occupant.  Included in the apartment are all utilities.  

Judy also showed us the dining area, work out room and underground parking.  It was typical of what we saw at Porter Hills.

During our tour we ran into Bev and Ken Block, old neighbors from Ottawa Hills.  They moved into Clark earlier this year.  They showed us their 2 bedroom apartment.  It was smaller than the one we saw earlier.  It was nice but too small for Bob and Nancy.  The Blocks love Clark.

Bottom line for me, I prefer the units at Porter Hills.  They both are the same cost.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed me a chicken pot pie with raspberries.  Very good.

I took a short walk along Tahoe just before sunset.  Noted 4 does directly across Tahoe from our Condo.  They were browsing on some tasty vegetation.

Tonight we watched episode 2 of “Blackbird” on Apple +.  Very gloomy.

The moon was shining brightly when checked Courtyard before turning in.  No critters noted.  

No comments: