Monday, September 12, 2022

September 11, 2022

 Sunday September 11, 2022

Up at 0645.  Dressed and headed to Panera to get coffee for the two of us.  I also bought a bagel.

The weather app said rain starting at 0800 and will last most of the day.  High temp today 66.  No bike today.

Left home at 0845 for Trinity Lutheran.  Until it was mentioned at Church I forgot today is the anniversary of the 9/11 attack.  I was surprised that I had forgotten.  I remember the day vividly.  I was at the MAC when the Today Show interrupted and brought videos of the plane hitting the towers.  When I got to office the staff had our small TV on and were watching.  An important day in US history.

Today our after church drive took us north to Rockford and then south on local roads to home.  Passed through Belmont and Comstock Park.  

It was raining hard when we got home.  Nancy and I spent some time measuring furniture that we want to take with us to Porter Hills.  Except for the dining room table most of the furniture will fit.

I had a quick lunch of yogurt and apple.  Noted a break in the rain so I took a 1.5 mile walk.  My average mile speed was 24’. I used to be able to easily walk a 20 minute mile.

I did find time to take a short nap.  Spent rest of afternoon reading GRP.

For dinner tonight we finished our Saturday night pizza.  

Watched World news on ABC.  Great to see Ukraine having success against the Russians. The death of the Queen dominates most news outlets.  Even our flags are at half staff.  Like most Americans I never like the idea of a monarchy.  Maybe that is why my ancestors left the UK.

Tonight we watched an episode “Crownies”.  I fell asleep half way through.

Checked Courtyard before bed.  Happy to report the teeny tiny toad has returned.  The rain has ended.  I did see bright stars. Temp will remain in 60s tonight and most of tomorrow.

No comments: