Friday, October 8, 2021

October 7, 2021

Thursday October 7, 2021

Up this morning at 0700.  First thing I checked weather on phone.  Rain will start at 1100.  That means I can get bike ride in without getting wet.

Nancy headed out 0800 for her class at MVP.  Today she has a Dentist appointment at noon.

I do 100% of my calisthenics at home.  Breakfast and then I dressed for my bike ride.  It was 62 and foggy so I wore several layers.  About 1/2 way into the 11 mile ride I had to stop and remove a layer.  I was sweating profusely.

I got home at 1020.  Kim was cleaning so I took a quick shower downstairs.  Dressed and headed to Panera on Lake Eastbrook Blvd.  Bought coffee and bagel.  This morning I started my normal routine backwards.  Read the WSJ before checking email.  

Congratulations to Veronica and Stephen.  Today is their 21st Wedding anniversary.  Wow 21 years.  Time does fly.

After Panera I drove to Woodland Mall.  It was raining.  Stopped at Apple store, I am still looking for a keyboard for my mini.  No luck.

Also stopped at J Crew.  I am looking for a pair of corduroy pants.  J Crew had the pants but they were light weight.  Corduroy pants are winter pants and should be made of heavy weight material.

Several months ago there was a Starbucks located in the center of the Mall.  With my Panera being closed I would stop by this Starbucks get a coffee and do my morning reading.  It was a very popular spot.  

Last time I visited the Mall the Starbucks was gone.  All the equipment was also gone, just an open space was left.  Surprise!  Yesterday I noted the Starbucks was back.  It looked just like the original.  Was the brief closure just because of a shortage of workers?  

As soon as I got home I had lunch.  Spent some time putting furniture back after Kim’s cleaning.  

It was damp and cold in the downstairs office area so I did my reading at my portable work station in the living room.  I will put purchasing a downstairs gas fireplace on my Bucket list.  I want to be warm and comfy when reading and writing.

Tonight for the first time in over a year we had dinner at Shepard’s Grill.  Prior to the Pandemic Shepard’s was my favorite neighborhood bar.  Nancy had a bowl of pea soup and I had a Lake Perch sandwich.  Of course we also had wine.  Great dining experience.  Glad to be back.

Nancy has book club tomorrow.  She has not finished her book so she headed to bed early to read.  I watched an episode of New Tricks.  

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  I asked her how I could put photos on my iPad and project them on a screen.  She gave me the name of some Apple software.  I expect to be asked to give a presentation at Breakfast Club so I want to be prepared.  

AJ FaceTimed this evening.  She thanked me for sending her some of my old drafting supplies.  We had a nice talk.  AJ seems to be enjoying school.  

It was raining when checked the Courtyard before heading to bed.  Everything was ok.


No comments: