Monday, October 18, 2021

October 17, 2021

 Sunday October 17, 2021

Blog time 1750 sitting in living room.

Up this morning at 0700. Quickly dressed and headed to Biggby to get our morning coffee.  I also got a bagel to go with the oatmeal breakfast.

We left for Trinity Lutheran at 0845.  It was bright and sunny but cool, 48.  

Church was crowded this morning.  Good to see a lot of young families.  

After church we took our Sunday drive.  Today we headed south.  We made a quick stop at Horrick’s to get some fresh fruits and vegetables.  I like Horrick’s.  It is laid out like Whole Foods but much better.

Today we drove through Middleville and then south to the Yankee Springs/Gun Lake area.

We drove through the Gun Lake Recreation area where we use to have picnics.  The kids would swim and I would paddle my kayak.

It was a great day for a drive.  We noted a lot of color.  At home I changed into bike clothes and took a short 8.8 mile ride.  Got home at 1400.  Showered and had a late lunch.

For the rest of the afternoon I sat in my favorite living room chair and read the GRP.  I put a heating pad on hip.  Hope this will relieve hip pain.  No nap today.

We had a light dinner.  Cleaned out reefer and had some fresh blueberries.

We watched 30 minutes of local news.  No 60 Minutes tonight.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  We had a nice conversation.  Everything ok in San Jose.

Tonight we watched an episode of New Tricks.  Checked Courtyard before turning in.  Everything ok.

Temperature will drop to 30s tonight.  Coldest night of this Fall so far.

Just proofread this blog.  I was surprised at how many omissions and mistakes I made.  

No comments: