Tuesday, October 19, 2021

October 18, 2021

 Monday October 18, 2021

Blog time 1500 sitting in living room.

Up this morning at 0700.  Sunrise today at 0800.

Nancy left at 0800 for her Monday swim at MVP.

I did chin-ups and some stretches before breakfast.  Every weekday morning I have microwaved oatmeal with banana.  I still am not tired of this menu.  Must be my Scotches roots.

It was bright and sunny when I left this morning.  The temperature was 38, the coldest this Fall.  I put on cold weather clothes.  

The sun was so bright and low in the sky that biking east was difficult.  Changed plans and headed straight north to Y, a distance of only 3.75 miles. 

At Y changed into workout clothes.  I did my calisthenics and a 0.6 mile walk.  It takes about 30 minutes to complete my routine. 

The temperature had risen to mid 40s when left Y.   The distance home was 7.8 miles.  Total miles today 11.5 miles.

A lot of bike path resurfacing in Cascade.  I have had to change routes several times.  It will be great to have a smooth riding surface when work is done.

At home Nancy was still actively cleaning out our basement.  We have a lot of trash to toss.

I moved most of our deck furniture downstairs before showering.

Lunch.  

This afternoon Jacobson H&C is coming to perform maintenance on our furnace.  They arrived at 1500 and took about 30 minutes.  Our furnace should be ready for the winter. 

After the furnace folks left I made a quick trip to Meijer’s.  Bought a small turkey sub, yogurt, suet for birds, Ensure, and naan.  Also filled up the Fusion.  Gas was $3.32

Critter report:  the Robins are gone south.  Why do we have the Robin as the Mi State bird when they only live in Mi 6 months.  I am for the wild Turkey.

Lately at dusk we have had three deer in the back yard.  They have been nibbling at the food block I put out.

Finished the afternoon with a nap.

For dinner had the sub I bought at Meijer’s and fresh blueberries.  For dessert enjoyed two oatmeal cookies.

Every evening about 1900 I pour myself a glass of wine.  Lately I have been drinking a red blend.  The wine tops off the day.

Both Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  They were upbeat.

Tonight we watched an episode on Acorn of “My Life is Murder”. A show filmed in both Australia and New Zealand staring Lucy Lawless. 

The moon was shining bright when checked the Courtyard before bed.  Temperature was in 60s but will drop to low 40s this evening. 


No comments: