Saturday, September 11, 2021

September 10, 2021

 Friday September 10, 2021

Blog time 1630 sitting in office.

Slept in this morning until 0700.  Bright sun but temperature only 52.

Nancy is going swimming this morning at MVP.  Later she has her monthly Book Club meeting.

After calisthenics I had my oatmeal breakfast.  For the first time in four months I wore long pants.  

Today I changed my routine.  No stops today. I headed out from home and pedaled 11 mile, ending back up at home.

It was 1030 so I wanted to get to Panera before the lunch traffic begins.  I was the fifth car in line. Ordered coffee and bagel.

I sat in the Fusion in Panera’s lot and drank coffee, ate bagel read news on mini iPad.  

This and that:

AHS was closed today because of bomb threat.  Crazy people are everywhere.

All the six high schools surrounding Alpena play eight man football.

Congress still cannot pass an infrastructure bill.  

We need a third party.  This party would have the moderates in the GOP and Democratic Party.  The Trump wing of the party is crazy as is the Sanders wing of the Democratic Party.

I have not watched any football this season.  

I lose all interest in baseball after Labor Day.

As soon as I got home from Panera I took a shower.

My bike seat on the Cannondale is too high.  I called Ada Bike and they said they could remove an inch off the seat post.  Took seat off the bike and drove to Ada.  It took them 5 minutes to shorten the seat post.  Charged me $5 which I thought was very reasonable.

On a sad note Ada Bike’s long time chief mechanic has left.  Ted was the only mechanic would could keep the internal hub on the Bianchi working properly.  Good Luck Ted.

At home I put the seat back on and then made a trial run.  It works fine.  Stopped at D&W and bought a six pack of Ensure Light.

Lunch.  As soon as Nancy got home from Book Club she headed to Great Clips and got her hair cut.  They cut it short and it looks great.

No nap today spent time moving summer clothes to storage.

For dinner Nancy fixed Trader Joe’s Cod Dinner.  She also fixed corn and coleslaw.  

Watched the news.  The attack on 9/11 was the main topic.

Tonight we watched an episode of Shakespeare and Hathaway, followed by Acorn’s “Upper Middle Bogan”.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched another episode of Netflix’s “The Defeated”.

Checked Courtyard at 2200. Everything ok.


No comments: