Sunday, August 8, 2021

August 7, 2021

 Saturday August 7, 2021

Blog time 1730 sitting in office.

Up this morning at 0700.  Quickly dress and head to the Gathering Place.  This morning we had our standard Saturday breakfast.

Nancy:  coffee, western Omelette and raisin toast.

Bob: coffee, oatmeal with scrambled egg and raisin toast.

After breakfast we headed to Walmart.  I returned 39 bottles while Nancy bought groceries.  Walmart was not crowded.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I put on bike clothes and headed to Ada.  Stopped at Ada Bike and bought a new tire pump.

Today I took a 14.5 mile route.  The additional miles were because I wanted to avoid hills. I did stop at the Health food store and bought some dark chocolate.

The Spiders have been building webs on our front door frame and overhangs.  Nancy and I spent some time removing webs and cleaning walls.  I even made a quick trip to Ace to get a new broom and sponge to help us.  

Nancy wanted to get rid of all the spider webs because she is having book club next Friday.  

Book Club now has only five members.  Three original members have moved recently.

After the spider cleanup I took a shower and shaved.  Lunch today of yogurt with Fiber 1 cereal and a bottle of Ensure.  For dessert I had a piece of dark chocolate.

I purchased a coffee earlier today at Panera.  Warmed it up and headed downstairs for some reading.  The coffee kept me awake and was able to read WSJ, emails and finish yesterday’s blog.

Trader Joe’s pea soup for dinner tonight.  Nancy also got out some whole wheat dinner rolls along with blueberries.  Sounds like a nice evening meal.  In fact it was a great evening meal.

Tonight we watched an episode of Whitstable Pearl.  A great show about a single mum who owns a family restaurant in an English costal city.  She becomes a part time detective. 

Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched another Acorn show called Bang.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.

It was hot and humid when I checked the courtyard at 2200.  Turned the AC on at 1800 and did not turn it off until after midnight.  Hot humid weather will continue through most of the week.


No comments: