Thursday, August 19, 2021

August 18, 2021

Wednesday August 18, 2021

Blog time 1645 sitting in office

Up this morning at 0730.  Today we have Structural Foundations coming this morning to seal the wall crack in our basement.  Hopefully this action will stop the leaking.

Today is my easy Wednesday.  Calisthenics at 50%.  At 0750 I drove to Panera.  Panera’s Drive Thru opens at 0800.  I was first in line.  Ordered coffee and bagel. At home fixed my oatmeal w/banana breakfast to go with coffee and bagel.  

Doug, from Structural Foundations arrived at 0830. In order to seal the wall crack he removed more cedar paneling to expose the entire vertical crack.  The crack was sealed by pressure injecting an epoxy mix.  I sure hope it works.

After the repair man left I put on bike clothes.  Today I took a short 9 mile ride.  This was my first time on my new Brooks leather saddle.  It felt great.  Sure glad I returned the rubber Brooks saddle for the leather model.

Today Nancy worked at the Gardens.  She said they were very busy.  At 1600 there was a long line of folks waiting to get into the outdoor arena for at 1900 concert.  I sure hope we don’t have the same problem when we attend a concert on the 29th.

This afternoon I did a load of laundry.  Also took out recyclables and trash. 

The streets in our neighborhood are being repaved this week.  First step in the project is to mill off the existing 2” of bituminous. A new 2” bituminous layer will be placed later this week.  Tahoe Drive is now down to original gravel.

When Nancy got home we talked about getting stuck in our drive tomorrow because of the pavers.  I did not want to park the car overnight in a remote parking lot.  I decided to get up early and move the car out of the way of the construction.

The weather folks said another hot, humid day ahead. They were right.

For dinner tonight we had our usual Wednesday night fare of cereal and fruit.

Both Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We had a nice talk with both.

Tonight we watched the season ending episode of Wild Bill on BritBox.  I hope there is another season.

At 2200 checked the Courtyard and our repaired basement wall crack.  Everything was ok.

 

 

No comments: