Monday, August 2, 2021

August 1, 2021

 Sunday August 1, 2021

Up at 0700 this morning.  Quickly dressed and then fixed an oatmeal breakfast.  After breakfast I drove to Panera for coffee.  Panera was closed so I drove to Bigsby.  Purchased two coffees and headed home.

Read several sections of the GRP before leaving at 0845 for Trinity Lutheran.  I wore a sport coat because it was a cool 59 when we left.  Cold for August.  Most men were in tees and I was the only one with a sport coat.  Must be my metabolism?

Small crowd at church today.  Most folks must be on vacation.

After church we drove to Rockford.  We drove around the city and were amazed how much it has grown since our last visit.  In fact development between GR and Rockford has skyrocketed in the past 10 years.

At home I put on my bike clothes and headed out on a nine mile ride.  I tried out a new route.  I did not like it because of traffic and hills.

Shower before lunch.

Activities this afternoon:

Took a nap  

Trip to D&W to mail package to Missy.

For Dinner I had two fried eggs on toast with blueberries.

We watched some Olympics before switching to Prime.  We watched an episode of New Tricks.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We gave a positive report. However, at bed time Nancy was experiencing some real nerve pain in her foot.  I hope medication helps.

Check of courtyard at 2200 found everything normal.  Unseasonably cold weather tonight.  Temps will drop to low 50s.


No comments: