Monday, August 16, 2021

August 15, 2021

Sunday August 15, 2021

Up this morning at 0715.  Dressed and drove to Bigsby’s Drive Thru. Got 2 coffees and a bagel for me. 

At home fixed oatmeal with banana to go with the coffee and bagel. Left for Trinity Lutheran at 0845.  Today Trinity asked that we start wearing masks again.  We complied.  About 100 folks in attendance.

After church we made an exploratory run to Nancy’s new ENT.  After this visit, we drove to Whitneyville.  A very pleasant drive.  It looks like the corn is ready.

At home I put on bike clothes.  Today I took my Bianca bike.  I had a very pleasant 10 mile ride.

Quick lunch and then my mandatory Sunday afternoon nap.

The news today was all about Afghanistan falling.  Sad, I get very emotional about the incompetence of the Trump and Biden administrations.  Maybe for my mental health I should quit reading the news.

The 2020 census data is being released.  No surprise that Detroit and Flint lost population.  The UP and NE michigan were also big losers.

In 1965 when I was courting Nancy she was living in Flint.  Flint was booming mostly because of GM.  Flint bragged that the 1970 census would show Flint surpassing GR as the State’s second largest city.  Then the auto industry collapsed.  Flint is now Michigan’s eighth largest city with less than 100,000.  Problem of being a one industry town.

Tonight for dinner we finally finished the pin wheel sandwiches Nancy had purchased for Friday’s Book Club.

We watched the first segment of 60 Minutes before switching to BritBox and watching Death in Paradise.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched “Gone for Good” on Netflix.  Harlan Coben wrote this show.  French with English subtitles.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  On one future blog I would like to say that son Steve had FaceTimed.

Checked at 2200 and the Cedar Closet and dry and the Courtyard was in good shape.  Nice looking half moon tonight.

No comments: