Tuesday, August 17, 2021

August 16, 2021

Monday August 16, 2021

Blog time 1600 sitting in office, I am sad because August is 1/2 over.

Up this morning at 0630. It was still dark.  Sunrise today at 0650.  Sunny and high of 80 today.

I completed my calisthenics before breakfast.  Always on Monday after a weekend of no calisthenics I have no problems with pull-ups or chin-ups.  Nancy suggest doing them every other day.  

This morning Nancy is going swimming at MVP.  After she has an 1100 appointment with her ENT.

After my oatmeal breakfast I pedaled to Nonna’s Pantry in Ada.  All the restaurants I usually frequent no longer have indoor dining.  At Nonna’s I ordered a coffee and muffin.  Sat outside and read the news.  Today I took my mini-iPad because it is easy to carry in my over-the-shoulder backpack.  Of course no keyboard so I will do my blogs at home.

Nonna’s is next door to Ada Bike.  At Ada Bike I bought a new Brooks Saddle.  

Pleasant ride home.  Total miles biked today 16.

After lunch I took a quick shower.  Nancy and I made a quick trip to Woodland Mall.  I stopped at the Apple Store to see if they had a keyboard for my mini.  I could not get anyone to wait on me.  Will check on line.

Lunch and then I took a nap.

Afghanistan, the Haiti earthquake and the Delta strain of the Coronavirus dominates the news.  None of this is good news.

We had our standard Monday dinner of Cheerios with blackberries.  Dessert was two sugar free oatmeal cookies.

Poured myself a glass of wine and then watched news on CNBC.  At 1930 we retired to den.  Tonight we watched an episode of Blood.  It was very grim.  No more watching this show.

We did watch the final episode of The Kominsky Method.  Nancy headed to bed. I stayed up and watched an episode of Gone for Good.  The jury is still out on this show.

Checked basement and it was dry.  The Courtyard was also in good shape at 2200.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.


No comments: