Wednesday, August 11, 2021

August 10, 2021

 Tuesday August 10, 2021

Up this morning at 0630. Nancy asked if I heard it rain last night.  I did not, in fact I checked outside and noted no puddles. The humidity this morning was 96 and temperature was 72.

Nancy has a high impact class this morning at MVP.  She is also having lunch with Karen Horlings.

Calisthenics before breakfast.  After breakfast jumped on bike.  This morning I modified my route.  It was still 10.5 mile from start to finish.  No rain on ride but my glasses fogged up because of the high humidity.  Felt like Vietnam.

At home I put on sweatshirt and pedaled to Panera.  I talked to a fellow Navy Vet I see every morning.  Asked him if it rained last night.  He said it thundered and poured rain for about and hour.  I slept thru the storm.

Got a call from the Porter Hill sales rep.  Nancy and I are meeting with him late this afternoon.

I like Panera’s baguettes.  I bought one.  It is about 24” long. 

This and that:

The Covid is spreading to rural areas and still many folks refuse to get vaccinated.  Read this morning of a young adult who said he didn’t need the shot because he was red headed and had blue eyes.  Who spreads these stupid rumors?

A lot of news has focused on the Senates bipartisan Infrastructure package.  It will probably pass today.  However, the bill must still be passed by the House.  The Speaker will hold the bill up until she gets her social legislation package passed.  This package will send the Nation into bankruptcy.

At home shaved and showered before lunch.  Lunch and then headed to Meijer’s for gas and supplies.  Gas was $3.29.

Left for Porter Hills at 1600.  We met will sales director.  Turned in our application and deposit.  Spent 45 minutes asking questions about the facilities.  We were provided a floor plan of a 2 bedroom apartment.  I was impressed.  Next week we will get a tour of available apartments.

At home I checked the Cedar Closet and found water on the floor.  I mopped up the water.  

Dinner of yogurt, blueberries, and baguette.  After dinner I rechecked the closet after dinner and noted more water.  Again I mopped the floor.

Tonight we watched the last available episode of Jack Irish.  Good show.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched Hit and Run.  Gave show a B-.

Hot and humid when checked the Courtyard at 2200.  Before turning in made a check of the Cedar Closet.  It was dry.  Good news.  



No comments: