Saturday, August 21, 2021

August 19, 2021

 Thursday August 19, 2021

Blog time 2146 sitting in den.

Summary of today’s activities.

Up with 0600 alarm.  Moved Escape to Wendy’s parking lot of 28th Street.  When Nancy left at 0800 she had a short walk to Escape.  

When she is done with her morning activities she will use the same lot.  We have no idea when the pavers will be working in front of our condo.

I complete my calisthenics have breakfast and then head out on a 14 mile bike ride.  I had a difficult time deciding on a route with all the construction in the area.  

I ended up at Panera.  The indoor dining area is closed but they have outside table available.  

I decided to walk through the Drive Thru.  When I got to the speakers I shouted my order but no reply.  I walked to the takeout window and gave my order.  Apparently the speakers are triggered by a heavy metal car.  They do not work for folks walking.

Sat outside and drank coffee and read the news.  Panera must be hurting because during the hour I spent reading very few cars using the Drive thru.

At home I shaved and showered.  Lunch and then at 1500 Nancy and I drove to Porter Hills apartments in Cook Valley.  We were able to walk through two apartments.  Both apartments were 2 bedroom with about 1250 square feet of space.  

We were impressed.  It will be a big operation when we decide to move.

After Porter Hills we drove to Lowes looking for a portable coat rack that we could place in the Cedar Closet.  They had several but decided to check out another store.  Bed, Bath and Beyond had exactly what we wanted.  Next door to BBB is the new Total Wines store.  I bought three bottles.

For dinner tonight Nancy prepared Creamed Corn with Crab soup.  The soup use to be a standard at the old Onion Crock restaurant.  The Onion Crock has been closed for years but they still produce a frozen version available at local stores.

I am finishing this blog on Saturday morning sitting in the waiting area at Fox Ford.  I cannot remember what we viewed.

Great bright full moon tonight.  


No comments: