Thursday, December 6, 2018

Wednesday December 5, 2018

Wednesday December 5, 2018

Blog time 1100 at Panera

Breakfast Club Wednesday, the alarm goes off at 0515.  I took Ms P out. The walk and yard had a thin layer of snow.  Temperature was 27.

Left home at 0620 in complete darkness.  Stopped a Panera for a coffee and headed downtown.  The roads had been salted but the light snow impaired visibility.

The food at BC is very good.  Today we had French toast, sausage and a egg quiche.  Good crowd.  Today is the birthday of our eighth president, Martin Van Buren.  The speaker talked of Van Buren’s time in office.  Van Buren was a single term president who was doomed because of the 1837 financial crisis.  

Van Buren grew up in Kinderhook, NY a Dutch community.  His family spoke Dutch and he did not learn English until he started school,  making him the only President where English was his second language.  Like a lot of folks in GR, Van Buren was a member of the Reformed Church.

After BC I headed to Breton Village Car Wash.  I got both the outside and inside cleaned.  

Stopped at home and picked up my ipad and backpack and walked to Panera.  Temps were still in the 20s with no sun.  

I don’t know why but the stealing of intellectual property by the Chinese infuriates me.  Same can be said of hacking by both China and Russia.  The USA seems incapable of stopping it.  Are we that feckless?

I have a 1400 appointment with my dermatologist, Dr Yurko so I left Panera early.  At home I started my Wednesday chores early: gathered up the trash and brought up my laundry.

Nancy is working at the gardens this afternoon.  She left at 1230.

Lunch and then at 1330 I headed to Dr Yurko’s office.  Dr Yurko gave be a top to bottom (no pun intended) inspection.  She found several spots that she sprayed with liquid nitrogen and one spot that she cut out for a biopsy.

I headed straight home.  Finished chores and then took a quick nap.

Light dinner and then we headed to Trinity Lutheran for our class on the Historical Jesus.  We had a good turnout for the class.  Pastor Bob’s comments after the taped lecture were very helpful.  I enjoy this class.

At home we watched an episode of the Julia Robert’s show Homecoming.  Nancy and I are still trying to figure this show out.  





No comments: