Saturday, December 22, 2018

Friday December 21, 2018

Friday December 21, 2018

Blog time 1025 at Panera

It was raining and mild, 38, this morning.  Today is the first day of winter.

HAPPY SOLSTICE!  Today was have exactly 9 hours of daylight.  Also today my biorhythms go up because the days are getting longer.

I did my entire routine at home this morning.  Walked outside and noted the rain had stopped so I biked to Panera for an oatmeal breakfast.

This and that:

Is anyone in charge?  The GOP is playing chicken with the Democrats in the Senate over funding for the stupid wall.  Are any middle of the road conservatives left in the GOP?

General Mathis’s retirement shows the dysfunction of the Administration.  Impulse foreign policy decisions by tweet.  Is this any way to run a country?

On a sad note my mother passed on this date in 1980.  Rest In Peace Mom.

On a very happy note on this date, Friday December 21,1962 I left Midway Island and headed home for Christmas.  I was one happy Sailor.

Left Panera about 1100 and took a seven mile route home.    No rain and with the mild temps the ride was very pleasant.

Lunch and then I headed downstairs to my office.  Every year in late December I sit down and decide what Charities we will contribute to.  The list does not vary much from year to year.  Last year I added the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation to my list.  I finished the afternoon by walking to the mailbox to mail the checks.

Nancy fixed chicken stuffed with spinach for dinner.  Also had Lima beans and a sweet potato.  Great meal.

This evening after everyone’s pill and snack we started watching the news, then Jeopardy to be followed by a show on Netflix.  I immediately fell asleep and woke up half way through an episode of Call the MidWifes.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched Rake.
  


No comments: