Monday, December 10, 2018

Sunday December 9, 2018

Weekend Update:  for week ending Sunday Dec 9

Saturday December 8, 2018

Blog time 1720 sitting in living room watching deer eating corn

It was cold, 23, but with little wind so we decided to walk to Panera.  No traffic so we walked in the road.

Same Saturday crowd at Panera.  I had my oatmeal breakfast with a bagel, banana and coffee.  Nancy just filled up her travel mug with hazelnut coffee.  Did you know that hazelnut coffee is Panera’s best seller by far.

At home Nancy started the laundry and I ran errands. Stopped at Macatawa to deposit IRA check.  Next I stopped at the cleaners.  I dropped off my suit and shirt that I spilled wine on Thursday evening.  Finally I stopped at ACE Hardware and bought a stand for the gates we use to keep Ms P in kitchen.  She is accident prone.

Finished my outdoor activities with a mile walk.  I told Nancy I was in for the day.  Spent an hour in the office before lunch.  After lunch I returned to the office and cleaned up my inbox and spent time reading the papers.

Short nap, shower and then at 1730 we head downtown.  Tonight we are attending the Holiday Pops Concert with Karen and Hal Horlings.  First we all had dinner at the Bull’s Head Tavern.  We like this restaurant.  The food is good and the price reasonable.

We have been attending the Holiday concert with the Horlings for at least ten years.  Tonight’s concert was very good.  The guest singer was super as was the symphony and the symphony choir.  Great way to start the holiday season.

We got home at 2230.  No TV tonight.  We headed straight to bed.

Sunday December 9, 2018

I set the alarm for 0615 but Ms P woke me several minutes before the alarm.  It was 27 when I took Ms P out.

Nancy and I bundled up and took our Sunday walk around the block.  After Nancy showered and I got dressed and had breakfast.  Made a quick trip to Panera to get a cup of coffee to take to church.

We left home at 0845 and headed to Trinity Lutheran.  Is it the Christmas season that is bringing out all the families?  Church was packed.  Today was the Second Sunday of Advent.

After church we headed to Rite Aid to buy some Fiber One cereal that was on sale.  Next stop was Meijer’s.  Gas was $2.37 today.  
Lately when I first get home from my morning activities I set out eight corn cobs for the deer.  Today was no exception.  Did some mild calisthenics before lunch.

Read several sections of the GRP before my Sunday nap.  After the nap I headed downstairs and paid some bills.  Walked to the mailbox to mail the bills.

Lately the deer arrive to feed about sunset at 1705.  Today we had three deer.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  I had mine with French bread and spinach pie.  

Tonight we watched 60 Minutes and the Netflix show, The Five.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched my favorite Finnish show, Deadwind.  Unfortunately I fell asleep half way through the show.

My last chore before going to bed is to take Ms P out.  This evening everything was going fine until she had a seizure in the kitchen.  These seizures are becoming more frequent.  They last about a minute and after a short recovery period she is ok.  Sad.


No comments: