Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Monday December 24, 2018

Monday December 24, 2018:  CHRISTMAS EVE

Blog time 1145 at Panera

Nancy took Ms P out early this morning.  She said we had received a trace of snow overnight.  I got up at 0640.

Nancy is attending a class at MVP this morning.  I had breakfast before putting on my bike clothes and heading out.  

Light snow with temperature at 32 when I started.  I took my winter bike (Bianchi) with steel studded snow tires.  Took my short winter route, 5 miles.

Wow! was the Y ever crowded this morning.  I have been a member since the Y opened three years ago.  I have never seen this many folks.  I think most offices are closed today as are the schools.

The crowd at Panera was smaller than normal.  While at Panera Nancy texted me that the glass globe over our ceiling light fell and shattered.  No one was hurt.  Now I have to get a new light and someone to install it.

I sent out Christmas cards this year to several classmates at AHS.  Every one who got a card has phoned or emailed me a reply.  It was great to hear from them.

Big decision today?  Are we going to the 3, 5, 7, 9, or 11 Christmas Eve service.  Stay tuned.  

After lunch I spent time in the office finishing more year end chores.  I took a 30 minute nap and then at 1615 we headed to the 1700 Christmas service at Trinity Lutheran.  As expected the church was packed.  We sang all the Christmas Carols and listened to a great Homily.  Very uplifting, as it should be.

Light dinner and then we watched two episodes of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel.  Light snow predicted for tonight.


No comments: