Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Monday December 17, 2018

Monday December 17, 2018

Blog time 1130 at Panera

Ms P woke Nancy at 0545 and she took her out.  This morning Nancy is attending a class at MVP.

I slept in until 0630 and then started my morning routine.  After breakfast I hopped on the bike and took the short five mile route to the Y.  The temp was 32 with the sun just breaking the horizon.  Great day for a ride.

This and that:

Talked to several Navy friends about last night’s 60 Minute’s story about plastic waste on Midway Island.  Told them about my time on Midway in 1962.

I think building a border wall is not a good idea.  It looks like the debate over funding for the wall will shut down the Federal Government.  Stupid?

Why can’t we retaliate against the Russians over their hacking?  Are we that inept?

China continues to limit freedom for its citizens.  They are shutting Christian churches down.  

The Hungarian PM is facing riots for his authoritarian rule.  Most folks don’t like being controlled.

Good grief what is happening with the stock market.  Our financial advisor called today about a minor matter regarding our accounts.  I asked his opinion and he said “stay the course”.

At home I showered and had a quick lunch.  Nancy and I headed to Horrock’s to buy more corn on the cob.  A 35 pound bag lasts about 10 days.

I finished the afternoon with a nap.  Light dinner followed by Nancy’s and Ms P’s cheese snack.  It is now 0755 and we are watching the final question on Jeopardy.

We watched another episode of DCI Banks.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched “The Tudors”.   Clear night with temps dropping to low 20s.




No comments: