Saturday, December 15, 2018

Friday December 14, 2018

Friday December 14, 2018

Blog time 1200 at Panera

Nancy took Ms P out this morning.  I slept in until 0640.  It was raining with temps in the mid 30s.

Nancy headed out to a class at MVP.  After breakfast I had planned on driving to the Y.  However, I went out and the rain had stopped.  Hopped on the bike and headed to the Y.

The Y has been open exactly three years.  I noted this morning that they had underestimated the size needed for their classes.  Two rooms holding classes were filled to capacity.

This and that:

I have been bombarded with Christmas music at Panera, the Y and on our satellite radio.  A lot of the songs like White Christmas, Rudolph, Frosty etc have snow as the central theme.  In my day, the 40s and 50s, most folks could identify with snow for Christmas.  Of the top ten most populous states in 1950, seven would have snow for Christmas.  The non snow states made up 20% of this population.

In 2010 only five of the top ten states would have snow.  The non snow states now make of 61% of this population.  Can young folks relate to snow for Christmas?

Speaking of snow Herman, Mi already has had over 100” of snow this year.

Good Grief the song “Baby It’s Cold Outside” is being attacked by the #MeToo movement.  I really don’t see this.  Does that make me a misogynistic old sexist white male?

Kim was cleaning this morning so I dilly-dallied at Panera.  I don’t want to get in her way.  

Shower and then lunch.  This afternoon I spent several hours in my office.  For the first time in several years I wrote Christmas Cards.  Actually I typed notes because my handwriting has become unreadable.  After all the office work I took short walk.  

Nancy fixed pork chops with mashed potatoes and peas for dinner.  Great meal.  

After the dishes I fixed Nancy her cheese snack.  She takes her pill with the cheese.  Tonight we watched the first episode of the new season for “Wanted”.  Wanted is the Australian version of Thelma and Louise.  We like this show.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched the final episode of the Finnish show “Deadwind” before turning in.





No comments: