Friday, August 31, 2018

Thursday August 30, 2018

Thursday August 30, 2018

Blog time 1100 at Panera 

It was cool, low 50s, and dark when I went out at 0630.  Sun does not come up until 0704.  Hours of daylight, 7h14’.  

Nancy left early for her Thursday swim.  At 1000 she is picking up Mary Namey and they are driving to Grand Haven for lunch with their friend Bonnie Cowles.  

I left at 0800, blue skies, sun and for once no humidity.  Pleasant day for a bike ride.  You know school has started because it seems like 30% of vehicles on Cascade Rd are school buses.  Another sign school has started all summer school classes at the Y have ended.  The place is quiet.

I am wearing a UM shirt at the Y.  Many folks have asked me who will win Saturday night’s game against Notre Dame.  Of course I say UM but I really don’t care.

Yes Duct Tape is the magic fix all.  A small hole in the international space station was patched with duct tape.  Red Green was right.

Because of the Labor Day weekend most high school football games are this evening.  A gift to northern Michigan tourist business.

We had a dry July and early August but with recent rains we are now 3” above normal for the year.  Over 6” of rain in August.

At home I spent the afternoon checking finances and ironing three pair of khakis.  I use to hate ironing but Nancy purchased a big heavy iron that make pressing a pair of pants a breeze.  Why is one pant called a pair?  

Each year I sign a yearly maintenance with a local Heating and Cooling Company.  Have been disappointed with the my current HVAC firm and will not renew.  Called the firm we used on Mackinaw and they are sending me a service agreement.  

I was short on cash so hopped on bike and headed to Macatawa Bank to use the ATM.  Normally would have walked to Bank but with my sore hip I use the bike.

Nancy did not get home until 1700.  She said they had a great lunch in Grand Haven.  

For dinner Nancy fixed a bowl of cream crab soup.  Very tasty.  Dishes, short walk and then prepared the evening cheese and apple snack.  Tonight we watched an episode of Scott & Bailey.  I also finished the Clinton/Patterson book.  Good read.






No comments: