Saturday, August 25, 2018

Friday August 24, 2018

Friday August 24, 2018

Blog time 1120 at Panera

Slept in until 0650 this morning.  I did not want to sleep in because I am on a tight schedule this morning.  I must be at Trinity Lutheran at 1300.  I volunteered to do some painting so today I will find out exactly what is required.

Nancy headed to MVP about 0800 and I soon followed her out the door.  Today I followed by 7.7 mile route to the Y.  Saw about 30 turkeys but no mammals.

Last day of summer school for kids at the Y.  Our local school district, Forest Hills starts Monday.  High school football started last night.  Eight man football is big in NE Mi.  I want to see a game.  I think it is very fast and high scoring.

I keep getting news alerts that Senator McCann is stopping treatment for his brain cancer.  I always liked Senator McCann.  He was a third generation Naval Officer.  It was an act of courage when he refused an early release from POW prison because several other inmates were next in line.  The VC thought they could get points because McCann was the son of the Admiral in charge of operations in the Pacific.   John Paul Jones would be proud.

President Trump lost my vote when he said his heros don’t get shot down.  Didn’t he know that in addition to Sen McCann, President George H W Bush also got shot down.  President JFK had his PT Boat destroyed.  This act of disrespect was uncalled for.  God Bless Senator McCann.

Halfway home from Panera my phone goes off.  The church lady said we had to cancel this afternoon’s meeting.  Rescheduled for Monday.

Shower, lunch and then some minor chores.  Because of the canceled meeting I had time for a nap.

Nancy received a text from Houlihan’s saying she gets $15 off her meal during her birthday week.  Of course we had dinner at Houlihan’s and we split her free apple pie with ice cream.  This evening we gave Houlihan’s an A-.  

Ms P gave us a scare this evening.  Nancy was putting put out some food when Ms P had a seizure.  Her back legs gave out and she collapsed and rolled on her back.  She experienced some spasms.  I picked her up and after several minutes she returned to normal. It was scary.  We will take her to the Vets tomorrow.

This evening we watched “Prime Suspect; Tennison” and “Murder in Paradise” before turning in.  Rain predicted for tonight.


No comments: