Saturday, August 18, 2018

Friday August 17, 2018

Friday August 17, 2018

Blog time 1055 at Panera

First time this summer I needed a flashlight when first went out.  Temp was in high 60s with fog.  Because of the fog I used a brighter tail light.  Traffic was light this morning.  I think on Monday will see a lot more traffic because of the start of school.

HS football teams have been practicing for two weeks.  The season starts next Friday.  Most high school in the area have four fall sports for Boys and Girls.  In my day the only fall sport was football.  There were no sports for girls.  Times they have changed, for the better I might add.

This and that:

POTUS has cancelled his planned military parade,  Good.

POTUS revokes former CIA Chief’s security clearance and now former heads of other intelligence agencies publicly say POTUS was wrong.  My brief experience with intelligence agencies is not positive.  

The USA’s financial business with Turkey is minor.  So why does a drop in the Lira have an impact on the stock market?

Speaking of stock market what is happening?

At home I shower and have a quick lunch before running errands.  First stop at Ada Bike to price some high visibility bike shorts I saw in their window.  The price was right but they did not have my size.  

Next stop was Woodland Mall.  I almost got lost because of all the heavy construction on the site.  I walked the Mall stopping at Macys, J. Crew, American Eagle and North Face.  I have decided that only Macys and J Crew have clothes for an old man.  

I did take a short nap.  For dinner Nancy fixed a summer salad with chicken.  Very good.  Walk and snacks before watching Grantchester.  New show and we liked it.  Also watched Scott & Bailey.




No comments: