Friday, August 24, 2018

Thursday August 23, 2018

Thursday August 23, 2018

Blog time 1125 at Panera

I was first one up today, 0630.  Sunrise today is 0656.  Could not take Ms P out because the sprinklers went off.  Usually the sprinklers only work on MWF.  Why they went off today is a mystery especially since we have had over 1.5” of rain this week.

Temperature this morning was in low 50s.  Coldest morning in weeks but today’s bright sun will result in high temp in 80s.  80s is good.

Mona and Helen slept in this morning.  When they got up Nancy fixed them her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast with bacon, fresh strawberries and coffee.  

Helen and Mona left a little after 0900.  I helped Nancy clean up before heading to Panera.  Today, like yesterday my bike ride will be the reverse of  my normal ride.

The conviction of Cohen and Manafort will probably spell big problems for President Trump.  It will be especially bad if the Dems gain control of the house in November.  The political ads have already started for the November election.  I always thought Labor Day was the start of the silly season.

At home after a shower and lunch I started with some chores.  I did two loads of laundry.  Called DirectTV about who owns the satellite dish and other equipment.  They said that we had already paid for the equipment.  We also have no contract so terminating the service is no problem.  Tomorrow ATT and Comcast.

We had a light dinner.  After dinner I got on my bike and pedaled to a strip mall at the end of 28th Street.  As a prelude to Saturday’s Classic
Car Tour down 28th all the cars are on display.  There were about 100 cars from Model A Fords to Corvettes, and old pickups.  I did not see any Studebakers, Packards, or Hudson’s.  Big crowd viewing the cars.

At home I prepared the cheese and apple snack.  We watched an episode of Prime Suspect, Tennison.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched Frontier before turning in.






  

No comments: