Monday, August 13, 2018

Sunday August 12, 2018

Weekend Update, August 11/12 2018

Blog time Sunday 1700 at Panera

Saturday August 11

Saturday was pleasant.  We slept in until after 7.  Following our Saturday schedule we walked to Panera for breakfast.  Oatmeal, banana, coffee and bagel for me and a coffee for Nancy.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  In my youth laundry day was Monday.  Today with so many women working it has changed to the weekend.  Is it sexist that I assumed women do the laundry?

I loaded up the bike and headed to Millennium Park.  First time this year at Millennium.  They have made several nice improvement.  The bike trail was crowded.  I did make a quick stop at the boathouse to see if they have solo kayaks for rent.  They did.  Think I will rent a kayak before buying one.  Don’t know if my shoulder will hold up to several hours of paddling.  Today I rode 15 miles.  Millennium Park is a great example of turning played out gravel pits and oil fields into something positive.  I have seen mink and many deer in the park.

Quick lunch and then some chores before showering.  At 1700 we headed to dinner at an Italian restaurant in Alpine Twp.  We picked up our old neighbor Sonya.  The restaurant was crowded as it should be because the food was great.

Tonight Debbie FaceTimed us.  Grandson Lucas is spending the week with Debbie.  She has a full week of activities planned.

We watched an episode of “Call the Midwife” before turning in.

Sunday August 12, 2018

The alarm goes off at 0615.  It was dark when I took Ms P out.

This summer Nancy and I have been walking around our block first thing Sunday mornings.  It is a pleasant time for a walk.  We encounter no traffic or walkers.  Temp was in mid 60s with sun.  Perfect conditions for a walk.

Nancy showered and I had a quick breakfast before heading to Trinity Lutheran.  Most folks must be done with their summer vacation because the church was crowded.

Stopped a Meijer’s for supplies and gas.  Gas was $2.99 per gallon today.

I changed clothes and did my stretches and reduced calisthenics before reading several sections of the GRP.  I took my Sunday nap.

After the nap I biked to ACE to purchase some more bolts for my kayak rack.  After I headed to Panera, needed some time to start this weekend’s blog.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  We also had spinach pie and peaches.  Dishes and then a very short walk.  It was too hot for my normal evening walk.  Snacks and then we watched two episodes of DCI Banks.  We finished season one. I like this show.  Today for the first time this year I put on my CPAC mask.  I thought is might help me sleep better.  It didn’t.




No comments: