Friday, August 17, 2018

Thursday August 16, 2018

Thursday August 16, 2018

Blog time 1020 at Panera

Up at 0615, today we have a 1300 meeting with our financial planner.  I have to hustle to get my morning tasks done.  In fact I have reduced my bike and calisthenics by 20% to save some time.

I am amazed at the number of folks of all ages with tattoos.  Not just a single tattoo but multiples tattoos totally covering an arm, leg or back.  I did not know a person with a tattoo until I joined the Navy.  Sailors were known for their tattoos, after all Popeye was a sailor, but usually it was a single tattoo on an arm.  

What is the long term health impact of tattoos totally covering an arm or back?  60 Minutes had a report on Japanese criminal gangs that have tattoos covering their back.  Many members need a kidney transplant because the tattoos prevent the back from breathing.  Remember the gold covered girls in a James Bond movie.  They had to leave a small area uncovered so as to prevent serious injury.  

I have been catching up reading my time magazines.  I am exactly one year behind.  Very interesting, what was a major problem or story 12 months ago is not even important today.  In many cases the reporting has proven to be totally wrong.  

I am leaving Panera early because their internet has crashed.  Shower, quick lunch and then we head downtown.  We met with our financial guy for an hour.  Bottom line: keep on doing what we have been doing.

After our meeting we made stops at Trader Joe’s and Costco.  Neither store was busy.

Short nap and then we headed to Ada.  Had dinner at Schnitz’s Deli.  We keep forgetting about this place.  Located in the downtown Ada they have good food and drinks.  Last night was no exception.


At home I took my evening walk before preparing snacks.  Tonight we watched two episodes of Scott & Bailey.  We liked it.  

No comments: