Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Monday August 13, 2018

Monday August 13, 2018

It was warm but very humid when first went out.  It was also dark and I needed my flashlight.  We have lost an hour of daylight since June.

Nancy has a busy morning.  She headed to a class at MVP and then at noon she is attending a lunch with some gift shop alumni.  This afternoon she has an appointment with her foot doctor.

I took a shorter route to the Y this morning.  Need to conserve some energy because I am going kayaking this afternoon.

This and that:

Is Elon Musk about to implode?

The hot dry weather in the UK has diminishes the wild grouse population.  Grouse is a popular dish in the UK.  I love eating game birds like partridge and pheasant.  Hunting them was one of my favorite fall activity.

Did you know that today is “Left Handers Day”? Shake a lefty’s hand. 

Turkey’s Erdogan seems to have backed himself into a corner.  It usually happens to autocrats.

The papers that contribute to the Apple News app seem to be limiting their selections.  They want you to subscribe to their paper.

The ex POTUS staff member who recorded her firing by General Kelly is making headlines.  She was out of line.  Firing someone is never easy but when dealing with huge egos is especially difficult.  

Nancy was at her luncheon when I got home.  Had a quick lunch and then grabbed my super light weight canoe paddle and headed to Millennium Park.  I rented a solo kayak.  It has been about three years since I have been in a one person kayak.  It was a pleasant day for a paddle.  The temp was mid 80s with no wind.  

I noted a lot of families were on the water.  They were taking advantage of the nice weather.  School starts next week.

I had no pain paddling.  I need some practice on my J stroke.  I am still pondering purchasing a kayak.

 Nancy was still at the foot doctors when I got home.  Quick shower and then grabbed the iPad and headed to the deck.

Nancy was happy with the solutions the Doctor proposed for her chronic foot pain.  She is pondering her choices.

We had a light.  After my walk I prepared our snacks.  Tonight we watched Goliath on Prime.  It is kind of grim.

The nice weather will continue through tomorrow.  When folks complain of the heat I remind them of April.  April was cold and wet.  I’ll take heat anytime.






No comments: