Saturday, June 9, 2018

Friday June 8, 2018

Friday June 8, 2018

Blog time 1100 at Panera

Every morning I have a steady stream of School buses pass me as I bike west on Cascade Rd.  No more for several months because today is the last day of school.

The local NBC station said it would rain this morning.  It was sunny when I went out at 0615.  Is this fake news?

Nancy headed to MVP first thing and after breakfast I biked to the Y.  Today I returned to my normal route.  I walked my bike through the construction site.  The hilly route I took yesterday aggravated my left hip.  The pain kept me up last night.  Flat is good.

Morning group classes at the Y have become very popular.  Every room was full.

Every morning I check the Alpena News.  In today’s paper was an obit for a classmate of mine, David Fowler.  David and I were classmates from 3rd to 12th grade.  He was a bright and talented student.  After AHS he attended Albion College, got an advanced degree from UM and then headed to Europe.  He married a Swedish women and they both taught in colleges in Sweden and Norway.  Dave and family moved back to Northfield, MN in 1992.  A very interesting life.  I think Dave was the only classmate who had a PHD. God bless Dave.

Blog resumes on Saturday.  Bad thing for a old guy like me is that if I postpone part of my blog to the next day I cannot remember what I did yesterday.

I do remember; Nancy’s pacemaker is working fine,  Ms P refused a walk and I took a nap.

We had dinner at Schnitz Ada Grill.  I had a bowl of soup and Nancy had a Reuben sandwich.  I helped her with the sandwich.  We gave Schnitz an A-.

First thing I did at home was take a walk around the block.  Tonight we watched Marcella on Netflix.  We gave is a C-.  We also watched Bosch before turning in.

This day in 1938, Ossineke, Michigan;  Great Grandfather Sanborn wrote that he spent the morning in the garden.  He attended the Sunday School play in the evening.  GGF Sanborn said it was very good.




No comments: