Thursday, May 31, 2018

Wednesday May 30, 2018

Wednesday May 30, 2018

Blog time 0850 at Panera

Our heat wave ends later today.  Heavy rain with thunder and lightning predicted for this afternoon.

Until 1970 today was Memorial (Decoration) Day.  The holiday was changed so folks could have a three day weekend.  I liked the single day holiday because it was focused on honoring Veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice.

We know it is summer because the sprinklers go off on MWF.  They start about 0600 and shut off at 0700.  So I cannot take Ms P out until after 0700.  She does not like to get wet.

Our national nastiness continues.  Roseanne is canceled because of nasty comments.  Why can’t we just be civil like we were taught in kindergarten?

Today is my easy Wednesday.  I do the exercises at 50% and go out for breakfast.  My schedule today includes breakfast at Panera.  After I will head to the Y for an easy workout.  I will take an easy 7 mile ride home.  Today I am riding my 40 year old single speed.

I got home just as Nancy was leaving for her shift at Meijer’s Garden.  I had a quick lunch and then ran errands.  First stop was Macatawa Bank where I got money for Kim who cleans on Friday.  Last stop was Church’s Dry Cleaners.  I picked up my light weight summer cotton blazer.

Being Wednesday I did a load of laundry and picked up the trash and recyclables.  I took a very short nap.

We had heavy showers roll through later in the afternoon.  Typical summer storms.  It would pour hard for 20 minutes and then be clear for another 20 minutes before starting again.  

I spent several hours in the garage changing seats on my bikes.  My favorite bike seat, a Brooks, is shot.  So I put the original Cannondale seat back on the Bad Boy (Cannondale Bad Boy or Lefty).  Every time I work on my bike it reinforces my belief that I have no manual dexterity.

We had a light dinner.  It was not raining after dinner so I took a short walk.  The heat had not abated so I turned on the AC before settling down.  To night we watched an episode of Inspector Lewis.  I took Ms P out one last time and then it started to rain hard. Turned the AC off at midnight and opened the sliders.  The heat wave ends.


No comments: