Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Tuesday May 8, 2018

Tuesday May 8, 2018

Blog time 1045 at Panera

Another great evening for sleeping.  The sun was bright when took Ms P out this morning.  A sure sign Nancy is getting better, this morning she is going swimming.

After breakfast I took the short 5 mile route to the Y.  The lawn maintenance companies were all out cutting grass this morning.  I am still wearing several layers of clothing but most runners and walkers this morning were only wearing shorts and short sleeve tees.  

I forgot to mention in yesterday’s blog that my old high school friend Tom Cassell called.  I have known Tom since the eighth grade.  Tom spent the last twenty years of his working career as a long haul trucker.  He loved to drive especially in the western states.  Now Tom stays year round in Alpena, fishing and hunting.  We spent an hour catching up.  

After lunch I decided it was such a nice day I would continue with cleaning our main floor and basement deck.  The main floor deck is wood and it was easy to clean.  We spend a lot of time on this deck.  Our basement deck is directly below the main deck and is concrete.  The basement deck was very dirty with an accumulation of winter’s debris.  It took over an hour to get it clean.  We seldom use the basement deck.

I showered and then took a nap.  I am still wiped out from the cold.

Finished reading the papers.  Why does the USA have to play Lone Ranger?  I don’t think abandoning the Iran nuke deal was in our best interest.  Our allies will begin thinking we cannot be counted on.

Nancy fixed a breaded stuffed chicken breast for dinner.  Very good.  After the dishes I walked around the block.

Tonight we watched NCIS and BULL before turning in.  






No comments: