Saturday, May 26, 2018

Friday May 25, 2018

Friday May 25, 2018

Blog time 1120 at Panera

With the long days Nancy and I are getting up earlier.  Today it was 0615.  Took Ms P out into bright sun.  The temperature today will reach mid 80s.  

I think today is really the first day of the long Memorial Day weekend.  Memorial Day is the last Monday in May.  In my youth Memorial Day was celebrated on May 30 until 1970.  I liked the single day because the original purpose of Memorial Day was to celebrate men and women who died while in the armed service.  The three day holiday diminishes the original purpose.

I think a lot of offices are closed today because I saw several engineers that I know are still employed at the Y.  They said they had the day off.

Harvey Weinstein is arrested, Mueller continues his probe and POTUS and North Korea continue to trade barbs.  During a mass shooting a gun carrying good guy shoots the bad guy.  The NRA is happy.  

The police face more pressure as normal arrests turn confrontational.  The police were correct in the rest of the NBA player but they handled it wrong.  A sign that better training is needed.

Immigration is a big topic that is creating rifts in the GOP.  I am a supporter of immigration.  We need more workers.

At home I helped Nancy dig holes so she could plant some flowers.

Shower and then lunch.  After, I got in the Escape and ran errands.  First stop Church cleaners where I got my summer tan sport cleaned.  At Walgreen bought a tube of lotion that contains sunscreen.  Next was Chow Hound for a neck collar for Ms P.  The harness she is now wearing is rubbing on some of her age spots.  The neck collar should eliminate this contact.

Final stop was Ace Hardware where I got our grill’s propane tank filled.  Nancy can now stop grilling.  

Before dinner we sat on the deck and had a glass of wine.   Nancy fixed me a hamburger with baked potato for dinner.  She fixed herself a chicken thigh.

After the dishes I fired the the washer and then took a short walk.  We watched an episode of Bosch.  Nancy turned in and I watched the final two episodes of Babylon Berlin.  This show had a really bizarre ending.  The warm weather continues tomorrow.


No comments: