Monday, May 21, 2018

Sunday May 20, 2018

Week end update;

Saturday May 19, 2018

Blog time 1015 sitting a dining room table.

Heavy rain and cool temps this morning.  I got up at 0500 this morning and I thought I heard voices.  I had, the TV was on in the living room and Nancy was watching the royal wedding.

As soon as the wedding was over we headed to Panera.  No walk today because of the heavy rain.  I had my Saturday oatmeal and Nancy only a coffee.

Weekend Update blog resumes at 1030 Monday at Panera.

At home Nancy started the laundry and after some chores I got back in the Escape and headed to Woodland Mall.  I was looking for an unlined cotton sports coat that I can use during the warm months.  I checked out Macy’s and J Crew with no luck.

After lunch I continued reading the papers.  The rain had let up enough for us to take Ms P on a walk.

For dinner tonight we picked up our condo mate Sonya and headed to nearby Shepard’s Grill.  For a Saturday night Shepard’s was not very busy.  Nancy had a bowl of Navy bean soup, Sonya had a salad burger and I had their white fish dinner.  We all thought the food was good, I especially liked the white fish.

Debbie FaceTimed us tonight and we got caught up.  We watched an episode of Bosch before turning in.

Sunday May 20, 2018

Another cool rainy day is ahead.  This will be the last Sunday that we will be going to the Y until fall.  Trinity Lutheran is going on their summer schedule next week and their schedule conflicts with the Y.  So we decided to eliminate the Y for the summer.  Instead we will take a walk before heading to church.

Today Nancy swam and I did my reduced calisthenics.  After, we headed home changed clothes and headed to Trinity Lutheran for their 1000 Rejoice service.  Great Homily by Pastor Bob about love and forgiveness.  A great message that should be adopted by families, especially ours.

Stopped at Meijer’s for groceries and gas.  Gas today was $2.97 per gallon.  On our way home we stopped at the Chow Hound so Nancy could get some dog food that was on sale.

Lunch and then after reading several sections of the GRP I took my mandatory Sunday nap.  After the nap I put on my rain coat and walked to Meijer’s.  I bought some grooming items.  The round trip distance is 2.5 miles.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs.  Tonight we finished reading the GRP and then watched 60 Minutes and a new show on Acorn.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched Babylon Berlin.














No comments: