Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Tuesday May 29, 2018

Tuesday May 29, 2018

Blog time 1100 at Panera

It was still in the 70s early this morning.  The heat and sun continues with high of 90 predicted later today.  I did turn the AC off early this morning.

We were up with the sunrise, 0605.  Nancy headed out for her swim at MVP.  Later she has an appointment with her foot doctor.

After breakfast I pumped up the tires on my Bad Boy bike and headed to the Y.  It was warm so I only needed a long sleeve tee and shorts.  No socks or jacket.  Love it.  

Noted this morning that a lot of folks are starting to commute to work on their bikes.  Memorial Day must be the trigger.

A duck and her six baby ducklings crossed my path.  Before I could get out the camera they were gone.

Did my normal routine at the Y and then headed out to Panera.  I used Panera’s electronic ordering kiosk this morning.  It works slick.  The nice thing is that no jobs are lost using this new system.

The civil engineering field in the last thirty years has seen a lot of jobs being displaced by the introduction of computer aided surveying and drafting software.  Survey crews have been reduced from 4 to 2 folks.  The need for draftsmen has dropped dramatically.

This and that from the morning news;

When will we ever understand POTUS’s position on trade?  Very confusing!  Same can be said for immigration.

Politics in Italy are a mess.  Is the EU threatened by the confusion?

Our major foreign policy problem is China.  They are the 500# gorilla in the room.

At home I showered, had a lunch and then headed out running errands.  First stop Macatawa Bank to make a deposit.  Next stop Ace Hardware to get some hooks for our master shower.  Walked next door to our Vets office and purchased heart worm pills for Ms P.

I want to install a hitch on the back of the Escape so I can carry my bikes.  The Ford dealer said it would cost $800.  Hitches by George gave me a quote of 1/3rd that amount.  I ordered their hitch.

On a hot day like today I like spending time in the office because it is at least 10 degrees cooler than the main floor. I paid our quarterly taxes and several other bills.  Turned on the AC at 1500.  

I found time for a nap.  Nancy for dinner fixed a salmon/spinach pinwheel.  It was very good.

After the dishes I walked to the mailbox to mail our taxes.  Tonight we watched two episodes of Safe on Netflix.  I like this show, Nancy is mixed.  I turned the AC off before going to bed.


No comments: