Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Monday May 7, 2018

Monday May 7, 2018

Blog time 1040 at Panera

Another great night for sleeping.  Low temp 49 which is perfect.  We always have our bedroom slider open.  Fresh air is good.  I think both Nancy and I are getting better because the coughing was not as notable last night.

The sun woke me up this morning, 0625.  Looks like another nice spring day.

Nancy is feeling better because she headed out to a steps class at MVP.   After the class she is heading to Meijer’s Garden to attend a training class for working at the summer concerts.

After breakfast I took the five mile bike route to the Y.  Mild calisthenics and stretches before heading to Panera.  

Read in the Alpena News today that AHS’s pole vault record was set on Friday with a vault of 14’ 6 1/2”.  My cousin Billy Hughes had the school’s pole vault record for many years.  He set it in 1942 with a vault under 10’ using a bamboo pole.

The volcano eruption in Hawaii has dominated the news.  Volcano eruptions and earthquakes are standard fare in Chile.  Our Chilean tour guide said quakes of 6.5 are so common most folks ignore them. We noted a lot of homes are supported on piles and elevated above ground several feet.  They claim this makes the homes quake proof.  

At a Chilean ranch we visited they described the recent eruption of a local volcano.  The eruptions lasted several months.  We saw photos of ranch hands shoveling 6” of ash off the owner’s home.  The eruptions did interrupt farming for a growing season but according to the rancher the ash did not prevent planting the next year.

Are you as tired as I am of all the news on attorneys?  POTUS’s many attorneys, Stormy Daniels’ attorney and now that great New York Attorney General who was forced to resign because of sexual harassment charges.  This is the same AG who said he was a defender of women in the workplace.  
As soon as I got home I showered, had lunch and headed out to make an appointment with my ENT Doctor.  Doctor Sprik checked my nose and sinuses and said see you in 6 months.  His parting remark was if the cold is not better in three weeks to give him a call for some meds.  I guess the type of cold Nancy and I have takes at least a month to heal.

I took a short nap.  We had a light dinner.  After the dishes it was such a nice evening I took a mile walk.  Tonight we watched an episode of Inspector Lewis before turning in.


No comments: