Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Monday May 14, 2018

Monday May 14, 2018

Blog time 1015 at Panera.

It rained last night and was still misting when I first went out.  The temperature was a pleasant 52.  I decided no bike ride this morning.  I did my stretches and calisthenics at home.  It was raining hard when I got in the Escape and headed to Panera.  I had an oatmeal breakfast.

The upcoming Royal Wedding in England and the volcano in Hawaii have dominated the news lately.  Did POTUS make a mistake in moving the USA Embassy to Jerusalem?  

The rain had not completely stopped when I left Panera so I decided to run errands.  First stop was the Ford dealer.  I wanted to buy a trailer hitch so I could use by bike rack.  The cost for purchasing and installing a hitch was $800.  Way too much, I discarded the hitch idea.

I want a simple cork 3’x2’ bulletin board.  Stopped at Hobby Lobby but all they had were expensive fancy boards.  I will check at Staples later.

Last stop Meijer’s to buy eye drops that my eye doctor recommended.  Also purchased tooth paste, wine, milk of magnesia and a loaf of pumpernickel bread.

After lunch I checked outside and the rain had stopped.  I got out the winter bike and pedaled to Ada Bike.  I ordered a chain guard for the bike.  

I finished the afternoon with a nap.  We had a light dinner.  After the dishes I had planned a nice walk.  However, my old boss Dave Despres called and I spent an hour talking to him.  

We both watched an episode of Call the Midwife.  Nancy then headed to bed and I watched another episode of Babylon Berlin.  It was raining when I headed to bed at 2200.




No comments: