Friday, March 9, 2018

Thursday March 8, 2018

Thursday March 8, 2018

Blog time 1035 at Panera

The cold continues.  It was 23, windy with a thin dusting of snow when first went out this morning.  The wind will pick up later today.  Temp will remain below freezing all day.

 Nancy headed out early for her morning swim.  I did some PT stretches along with chin-ups and breakfast before heading out.  I rode my winter bike today. Took the short 2 mile ride to Y.  Brutal riding into the wind.  Luckily I will have wind at back when head home.

The high school basketball playoffs are underway in Michigan.  The Alpena News does a great job of covering the area HS games.  The GRP does a terrible job.  It is a crime that a large metro area does not have a decent daily paper!

Sign of the times:  the Colorado Highway Department had their computers hacked and ransom was demanded. The ransom was to be paid in bitcoins.  Why can’t we find these guys and punish them?  I still don’t know what a Bitcoin is?

Speaking of computer criminals, Russia not only is interfering in European and USA elections but is trying to stop the USA’s energy expansion.  They are using facebooks and other outlets to try and stop construction of major pipelines.  Energy exports are Russia’s main source of revenue and the USA’s fracking revolution is seen as a major threat.

You would think by reading the news that the Trump Whitehouse will implode the day after tomorrow.  If POTUS canceled his twitter account most folks would cheer.

Paul Allen keeps spending his money.  Yesterday it was reported he financed the underwater expedition that found the USS Lexington in mile deep water.   The Lexington was sunk during WW II’s Battle of the Coral Sea.  Mr Allen is also financing the world biggest airplane.  The plane will be used to launch satellites and space craft.  At least he is using his money on worthwhile projects.  He could spend it pursuing    The UK like our east coast keeps getting hit by big winter storms. Last week is was the Beast from the East and this week it the Pest from the West.  I like the names.

Today or maybe yesterday was “International Women’s Day”.  Big strike by women in Spain.  Rallies are being held all over the world.

Quick lunch and then I head out for my last PT session.  They poked, massaged, and stretched my hip and leg for over an hour.  I was given more stretches I should do a home.  For being a good patient I was given a tee shirt.  Bottom line, I think the sessions were worthwhile.

For dinner we headed to Brann’s.  I had their great lobster bisque and Nancy had a chicken sandwich.  We got home in time to watch the news.  We also watched an episode of Murder in Suburbia and The Heart Guy on Acorn.  


No comments: