Friday, March 23, 2018

Thursday March 22, 2018

Thursday March 22, 2018

Blog time 1120 at Panera

Today is blog #2,938.  Good grief this is the longest, 10 years, I have ever stuck to anything.  In 1963 the Admiral in charge of the Navy’s Civil Engineering Corps visited Vietnam and I remember him telling his junior officers that they should keep a daily log of their activities and observations.  Of course I ignored his advice and to this day regret it.

The cold and sunshine continues.  It was 22 when I left this morning.  I took the 5 mile route to the Y and froze.

This and that;

PONTUS should never have called Putin.

The most useful class I took in high school was typing.  I got a D.

Sure sign of Spring, the first boat of the season arrives at Lafarge limestone quarry near Alpena.  Actually it is not a boat but a barge.  I understand that boats are being phased out in favor of barges.  They are cheaper.  Did you know that a ship is called a boat on the Great Lakes.

Congress keeps taking us deeper into debt.  The new budget is over 1 trillion.  Yes folks that’s 12 zeros!

President Obama like to say he was “no drama Obama”.  I sure wish President Trump would try this.  I think the average citizen is getting tired of the daily turbulence.  

After lunch Nancy drove me to the Ada Bike Shop.  I picked up my bike and pedaled home a distance of 5.5 miles.

Showered and put on my party clothes.  This evening we attended an Albion College get together at an Asian restaurant on GR’s regenerated west side.  The restaurant is located on Bridge Street.  We counted four new restaurants in the immediate area.  It is great to see this previously downtrodden area getting new life.
About 20 Albion graduates attended the event.  Most graduated in our current century.  Albion, this year, has the largest freshman class in several years.

At home we watched an episode of Call the MidWife before switching to the UM BB game.  UM could no nothing wrong.  


No comments: