Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Monday March 19, 2018

Monday March 19, 2018

Blog time 1110 at Panera

The temp was 32 when first went out this morning at 0700.  Sunrise is not until 0745 but the weather folks said it would be another sunny day.  They were right bright sun when I left home at 0820.

When temps are 32 or below I get cold when on my bike for over 45 minutes.  This morning I took the five mile route and it took me 40 minutes, perfect.

My left hip appears to be getting better.  I have been faithful in doing the recommended stretches every day.  I also have reduced my walking.

Robotics seem to be popular in schools.  I noted that Alpena High just won a robotic team competition in Escanaba.  Most schools in NE MI have programs and teams.

Busy Monday for Bob and Nancy.  This afternoon we are meeting with our tax preparer.  This evening we are attending a member’s only affair at Meijer’s Garden.  It is a special viewing of the butterfly exhibit.  Mary Namey is going with us.

I did read the papers and found that;

The U.K. said Russia is poisoning its citizens.  Russia says no it is a witch hunt.

POTUS says the Mueller probe is a witch hunt.  Mueller says nothing.

Congress still has done nothing on infrastructure.

Facebook appears to be in trouble for giving away data on citizens.  I still don’t know if social media is good or bad?  I don’t use Facebook, Twitter or other sites but I sure use google a lot.  Why can’t we find the bad hackers?  

Quick lunch and then we get in the Escape and head to Jenison to leave off our tax data.  Nancy and I had to sign several forms.  The most disturbing form was the one related to the ACA.  Why does the IRS want to know about my health insurance.

Spent some time in the office checking some financial accounts.  I like the ability to move funds between banks but always worry about security.  

Wrote a note to the kids and walked to the mail box to post them.  Took a short nap in my recliner.

Mary Namey stopped by at 1815 and we all got in the Escape and headed to the Gardens.  The event was all about the butterflies.  We had some good snacks and a glass of wine before viewing the butterflies.  The place was jammed.  We met several folks that we knew and whose children were classmates of our children.  Verker, Hartman and Hertel.

We got home at 2030.  Watched some TV before turning in.



No comments: